We are looking to recruit experienced Software Engineers for our Newcastle office.
We are particularly looking for engineers with experience in Distributed Computing, Real-time and Embedded Computing.
Who are we?
IOTech is a B2B software products company developing state of the art software platform technologies for the Internet of Things (IoT) with specific focus on industrial IOT systems.
The company’s products address the full spectrum of secure hard and soft real-time edge computing needs, dramatically reducing time to market and system integration costs for our partners who are the supply chains to multiple vertical IoT market domains.
What will you be doing?
- You will research, design, develop, test, maintain and support software products that are at the forefront of IoT Edge platform technology.
- You will work alongside a dedicated team of highly experienced talented & motivated engineers.
- You will write code in C and Go.
- You will be working in Newcastle, however, occasional international travel may be required.
Do you have our essential requirements?
- Experienced in Distributed, Real Time and Embedded computing.
- 2+ years professional experience as a developer.
- Qualified to Degree level (First or 2:1) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Development, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Able to demonstrate excellent coding skills in C or C ++.
- Experience working in containerised environments (Docker).
- A great problem solver and logical thinker.
- Passionate about technology and developing high quality code.
- Interested in Industrial IOT.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, conscientious, honest and work well in a team.
- Strong analytical skills.
It would be great if you also had:
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g Python)
- Knowledge of cryptography/cyber security
- Experience of working with version control systems (git)
- Go coding skills.
- Experience of Cloud computing
- Knowledge of Kubernetes.
Why you might like working for us:
IOTech’s greatest assets are our people and our customers and we intend to look after both with equal vigour and care.
If you join the IOTech team these are a few of the things we can offer you:
- The satisfaction of working with a high calibre team of extremley motivated individuals.
- A challenging and exciting opportunity to work at the cutting edge of software product technology.
- Competitive salary and benefits package including contributory pension and health cover.
- 25 days holiday per year plus public holidays.
- Access to regular social and networking events.
- Huge potential for progression and personal development in a growing international company.
- Opportunities for international travel.