We are looking to recruit an experienced Solutions Architect; this is a French/German/UK Home Based position.
Who are we?
IOTech is a B2B software products company developing state of the art software platform technologies for the Network Edge for the Internet of Things (IoT) with specific focus on industrial IoT systems.
The company’s products address the full spectrum of secure hard and soft real-time edge computing needs, dramatically reducing time to market and system integration costs for our partners who are the supply chains to multiple vertical IoT market domains.
IOTech is looking for an exceptional Solutions Architect to lead our development team in creating customer software solutions that are at the forefront of IoT Edge platform technology. As Solutions Architect you will be responsible for communicating with clients to determine their requirements and working alongside our talented engineers to create comprehensive solution plans.
What you will do
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to determine detailed software requirements.
- Create high level, functional design specifications and solutions that meet these requirements.
- Work closely with the sales and engineering teams to produce detailed customer proposals.
- Lead technical meetings and customer workshops attended by both senior management and engineering personnel.
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, software engineering teams and support.
- Design, implement and run live software demonstrations for customers.
- Work closely with delivery management, software engineers, sales and marketing and other internal stakeholders to address all possible business opportunities.
- Leverage your industry and technical background to drive business development and presales initiatives.
- Create demonstrators and small proof-of-concept products for trade shows and conferences.
- Provide formal and informal training. (Experience as a trainer a plus.)
- The Solutions Architect position requires extensive travel
Do you have our essential requirements?
- Fluent in both spoken and written English.
- Fluent in French or German.
- Substantial experience of working with IoT and Edge platform software in a highly technical and analytical role.
- Proven solution architecture experience.
- Educated to degree level, higher degree is desirable in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Development or equivalent work experience.
- A great problem solver and logical thinker.
- Highly organised, methodical with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Doggedness – IOTech is a fast-paced environment and you will need to be comfortable working in a challenging but rewarding environment.
It would be great if you also had knowledge and experience with:
- Operating systems and networking aspects
- Edge protocols (e.g. Modbus, BACnet, OPC-UA, etc)
- Containerization (e.g. Docker/Kubernetes)
- Database and analytics software, particularly at the Edge
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases
- Experience with Cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, Google, etc.)
- Experience with Cloud IoT platforms (Azure IoT, AWS IoT, IBM Watson IoT, etc.)
- Experience programming in C, Go, Java or other IoT related programming languages, tools and frameworks
- Prior experience with IoT products and frameworks (Kura, Thingwork, Mindsphere, etc.)